- Hands on experience with performance testing techniques such as performance work load modeling, establishing baselines, services monitoring, and profiling system performance.
- Experience in configuring and executing scripts using performance test tools such as JMeter, Tsung, Locust, or Load runner.
- Performance testing experience working with databases such as Microsoft SQL Server and MongoDB.
- Experience with performance monitoring tools across a wide variety of technologies.
- Experience in testing the performance of RESTful API.
- Experience in summarizing performance testing results in a clear and concise manner to management.
- Extensive understanding web application and browser concepts (HTTP/HTTPS, connections, cookies, caching, streaming, etc.).
- Experience handling test data in various formats (JSON, XML, CSV, etc.) while understanding data storage, encoding, encryption, data transformation, and related concepts.
- Hands-on experience in parameterizing scripts for load, spike, stress, and soak tests.
- Familiarity with issue tracking and SDLC tools such as JIRA.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum models.
- Experience with maintaining and frequently updating performance testing scripts based on application enhancements and changes.
- Ability to work in a group setting and collaborate by providing transparency in test results.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic and energetic with an inherent curiosity to break code and stress test it
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with demonstrated knowledge of algorithms, information systems and basic programming concepts is required
- 3+ years of experience in Load, Stress and Endurance test planning, scripting and execution.
- 5 years of experience in Functional and/or Automation Testing
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to operate a PC and sit for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.