Provides a wide variety of administrative support related to the specific work and function of attorneys and paralegal. Provides client service to all internal departments and external agencies/vendors.
- Prepares a variety of legal documents, correspondence, reports and memoranda as required by attorneys and paralegals.
- Creates new documents and revise drafts according to Legal Department standards and other legal formats for document production.
- Proofread, photocopy, assemble and distribute prepare materials as necessary;
- Keeps attorneys and Legal Department staff updated on status and location of documents.
- Scans, files and organizes documents according to contract management procedures.
- Maintains corporate files and update corporate minute books.
- Responds to internal department and auditor requests for documents.
- Reviews outside counsel and other vendor invoices; prepares same for submission to Accounts Payable and update tracking sheet to ensure budget requirements are met.
- Assists attorneys and paralegals in mailings; prepares outgoing mail.
- Works with office administrators to ensure replenishment of office supplies specific to the Legal Department.
- Transmits faxes; review incoming correspondence for specific response times and route same as appropriate.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational management skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Able to work effectively and courteously with, attorneys, senior executives and other contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently, and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
Experience / Education:
- 0 to 2 years relevant administrative experience within an in-house corporate law department or corporate and securities law firm preferred.
- High school diploma required; Paralegal certificate or college degree preferred.