The Total Loss Claims Assistant provides support to adjusters settling total loss claims. Works with customers, lien holders, and salvage vendor to ensure the appropriate paperwork is obtained to process salvage.
- Dispatches total loss assignments
- Reviews ISO, Accurint, and other claims databases to verify information related to handling of total loss
- Processes total loss paperwork associated with auto damage claims
- Obtains paperwork from customers and lien holders
- Confirms paperwork accuracy, processes paperwork, and forwards to our salvage vendor
- Documents electronic file of all activities completed
- Assists Field Appraisers with information from claims system
- Issues claims total loss payments as directed by claims adjusters
- Assists with all other duties in support of total loss adjustment
- Customer advocate to ensure overall claims satisfaction
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational management skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and claims related software programs.
Experience / Education:
- High School diploma required; Associate degree preferred.
- One or more years claims processing experience preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: Representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to operate a PC and sit for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.