Monitors, responds to, and reports incidents occurring in the company?s IT infrastructure. Provides first-line support for a wide variety of systems and processes including Esurance?s 24x7 web presence, WAN, and critical servers and services. Also responsible for reporting on issues and performance, performing maintenance, and working closely with the Network Operations Team to improve monitoring, troubleshooting, and response times.
- Provides First-line support of Esurance IT infrastructure and systems.
- Documents and reports support issues.
- Works with Network Operations team to troubleshoot and fix issues.
- Documents issues, fixes, and response times.
- Reports server, network, and systems performance metrics.
- Works shifts on a rotational basis to staff the NOCC on a 24x7 basis.
- Works collaboratively and coordinates between technical and non-technical people within and outside of the group.
- Familiar with network and server troubleshooting methodology.
- Take charge personality, and the ability to drive a plan to completion.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a highly technical team.
- Ability to adhere to standards in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to thrive within an environment that relies heavily on the principles of teamwork.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, follow through, and ability to prioritize quickly are necessary.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be available for rotational shift schedule.
- Familiar with TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting in a Microsoft Windows networking environment.
- Familiarity and troubleshooting skills with Frame Relay, VPN, and WAN infrastructure a plus.
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent job experience.
- 1 to 3 years hands-on experience with MS Server system management.
- Experience in a 24x7 ecommerce environment preferred.
- Experience in Windows 200x, IIS, and fluent in at least one scripting language such Java Script or VB Script.
- CCNA and MCP certifications are desirable