Provides excellent customer service in handling subrogation claims. Reviews, analyzes and determines subrogation potential on all assigned files. Must understand coverage, policy interpretation and exposure recognition and liability determination at all levels of the claim.
- Negotiates liability, settlements and payment arrangements. Develops resolution plans by determining filing solutions (arbitration, suit, and collection agency) to recover payments where subrogation potential has been identified on basic subrogation claims.
- Interacts with field staff and investigative agencies/vendors to obtain documentation to assist in the recovery effort. Places liability parties or their carriers on notice by correspondence and phone contact. Documents files to include:
Conversations with all parties related to the claim, correspondences, current file updates, subrogation analysis, file resolution recommendations and applicable state negligence laws. Monitors claim throughout the subrogation process for final resolution.
- Assists internal and external customers with the resolution of minor questions.
- Handles subrogation files with the potential of up to $15,000 within the Department of Insurance regulations for the specified state and the Esurance Claims Handling Guidelines.
- Understands and abides by Department of Insurance Regulations for specified state and the Esurance Claims Handling Guidelines.
- Adheres to Fair Claims Practices Acts, Fair Debt Collections Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all local laws and ordinances.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written with strong analytical and basic math skills.
- Excellent customer service and solid negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and claims related software programs preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of subrogation claims (Medical Payments, PIP, Carrier, and Mini-Torts).
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor?s degree in a related field, and/or equivalent education required.
- Two or more years of subrogation and/or claims experience preferred.
- Prior collection agency experience preferred.