Investigates and handles to conclusion minor to moderate first and third party claims involving coverage and liability determination.
- Understands concepts of coverage, policy interpretation, exposure recognition and liability determination to analyze and move claims towards resolution using best practices.
- Identifies exposures and refers files or features for triage to the appropriate level including referring injury claims to the appropriate level.
- Contacts insured, claimants including guest passengers to rule out any physical damage, first party medical, or injury claims.
- Obtains information and investigates the facts of loss to make a liability determination.
- Assigns material damage features for inspection to the proper appraisal source; resolves vehicle damages including total losses determined by the Material Damage Department, monitors rental, and may handle customer questions to conclusion.
- Use expert systems to evaluate facts of loss and impact on liability.
- Documents files to include all key activities, contacts made, statements taken, including a full outline covering all aspects of the claim and requirements for resolution and process claims with Esurance claims systems.
- Identifies referrals, completes proper summaries and forwards files to subrogation for collection in a timely manner
- Makes referrals to SIU as needed and sets up rental for the insured or claimants.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, negotiation, influential, and customer service skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written with strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and claims related software applications.
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor?s degree in Business Administration, a related field, and/or equivalent education required.