This individual will be responsible for leading a team of engineers implementing, maintaining and resolving issues for server based end user computing, desktop, server and application virtualization, focused on delivery through Citrix technologies. The Team Lead will mentor and provide guidance to the engineering team, and guide the technology direction for the end user computing environment. The Team Lead will manage projects, report project status, and work with the business to plan and prioritize projects and software requests. Candidates must be a self-starter and must be able to manage and prioritize many tasks at any given time.
- Lead a team of engineers responsible for the server based end user computing environment
- Design and deploy fully virtualized environment using provisioning for servers and VDI
- Design, test, deploy and maintain security using GPO, Group Policy Preferences, and Active Directory
- Prioritize and manage projects, and report project status
- Maintain system architecture and troubleshooting documentation
- Planning, designing and implementing a high quality production environment.
- Evaluating, recommending, and selecting equipment, services and vendors, and maintain vendor relationships
- Recommend, plan for, and implement server hardware/software upgrades.
- Design, implement, maintain and manage a large-scale Windows 200x server farm and troubleshoot and resolve production problems in a timely manner.
- Ensures the development and use of an effective preventive maintenance program suitable to meet the operation objective of "99.9% availability".
- Mentor and support desktop teams for server based computing issues.
- Take ownership of production issues, working closely with the infrastructure and development teams on issue resolution
- Automate systems monitoring task using standard monitoring tools.
- Responsible for proactively managing and optimizing sites and systems.
- Maintain and update documentation of the computing environment.
- Travel to Esurance datacenters for the deployment of the server architecture.
- As a member of the team will respond to all system problems on a 7X24 basis and take part in on-call rotation.
- Experience with Citrix XenApp administration/engineering, including installation, streaming, content redirection and profile management.
- Hands on experience with XenDesktop, NetScaler, and virtualization
- Experience designing and implementing server based end user computing environments.
- Experience with monitoring tools such EdgeSight
- MS Server system administration skills, server build and server troubleshooting in collocation environments.
- Able to work effectively under pressure, independently, and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment and able to participate in decision-making.
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership capability within a team and ability to drive a project to completion.
- Experience setting policies, procedures, network software and hardware standards, documentation standards.
- Solid background on TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting in a Microsoft Windows networking environment. Strong knowledge one or more monitoring packages is highly preferred.
- Knowledge Cisco UCS server technology and NetApp storage strongly preferred.
- Fluent in at least one scripting language such as Powershell
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP and security best practice with Windows 2003 minimum (2008 desired).
- Extensive knowledge of windows command line utilities and tools.
Experience / Education:
- 5+ years hands-on experience with Citrix server technologies including XenApp and XenDesktop.
- 5+ years hands-on experience in a mission-critical production environment of 100+ servers using Microsoft Windows 200x,
- 5 years hands-on experience with Active Directory Group Policy in a large production environment.
- 5 years Windows scripting and automation experience in a mission critical production environment.
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN technologies and software tools for performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Microsoft (MCSA or MCITP) certifications or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent education required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to operate a PC and sit for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.