Esurance is looking for a Digital Marketing Analyst to join a dynamic and award-winning team of individuals who are committed to making insurance smarter, easier, and dare we say- cooler. As part of a growing company that is focused on providing an outstanding customer experience, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your skills and discover your potential.
If you’re looking for a career at a socially conscious company that offers great benefits — including matching 401k and tuition reimbursement — then you may have just found your new home.
Esurance combines the spunk of a startup company with the backing of Allstate (the largest publicly held personal lines insurer in the U.S.) to create a unique, energized, and exciting place to work.
The Digital Marketing Analyst applies data expertise, testing methodology and marketing analytics to optimize and maximize marketing investments in online direct marketing channels. The role requires a high level of independence and integrates strategic thinking, attention to detail, problem-solving skills and cross-functional collaboration to execute marketing strategy, drive innovation and business results.
• Assists in managing the Insurance Aggregators marketing channel which commands budgets in excess of tens of millions of dollars annually
• Utilizes data-driven analytics along with a marketing background to combine internal and external data to provide insights, optimize targets, allocate budget efficiently to hit conversion and LTV goals
• Performs daily analysis and reporting on campaign performance and makes necessary optimizations based on KPIs
• Manages assigned campaign budgets; participates in weekly budget reallocation
• Conducts advanced analytics to optimize marketing campaign performance. Examples of on-going and project-based assignments potentially include:
o Develop enhancements to our current bidding methodology, identifying best-in-class techniques for managing data sparsity, determining bid decisions, and target audiences
o Perform segmentation analyses to understand differing response and profitability metrics and devise segment-level bidding strategies that best meet business goals
o Test and optimize ad copy, creative, and landing pages
o Conduct time, geo, source etc. analyses (e.g., daypart, day-of-week, zip code)
o Analyze conversion latency and integrate projection factors into daily campaign reports
• Monitors competitive landscape and digital marketing industry data; stays current on developments in online technology and new marketplace opportunities
• Works collaboratively with cross-functional teams including Data Science, Business Intelligence, Creative, Digital Product Managers and Web Analytics
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills – ability to use data to draw conclusions and execute marketing strategies.
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
• Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external groups
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written
• Advanced proficiency in Excel (pivot-tables, V-lookups, graphs) to execute data analysis and build/navigate dashboards and basic SQL skills for data pulls
• Bachelor’s in Engineering, Business, Marketing, Economics, or any analytical degree
• 3+ years of experience manipulating, analyzing and utilizing data to inform and drive business decisions
• 1+ years of experience in digital marketing with an ownership of budget allocation
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to operate a PC and sit for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Esurance, being committed to our employees is not just something we say, it’s something we do. Our benefits package is designed to help our associates stay healthy, meet their long-term financial goals, and balance the demands of work and personal life. Esurance rewards hard work, dedication, and creativity with competitive salaries and a generous bonus system. We are committed to our employees and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, positive, innovative and team-oriented work environment.
Health & wellness
Family & Community